Friday, September 30, 2016

Prayer - A Holy Occupation / Day 25 / by Oswald Chambers

Oswald Chambers: Prayer - A Holy Occupation

Day 25 of 30

The greatest barrier to intercession is that we take ourselves so seriously and come to the conclusion that God is reserved with us; He is not. God has to ignore things we take so seriously until our relationship to Him is exactly that of a child.

The nearer Abraham came to God in his intercession the more he recognized his entire unworthiness: “Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken upon myself to speak to the Lord.” Genuine unworthiness is never shy before God any more than a child is shy before his mother. A child of God is conscious only of his entire dependence upon God.

Reflection Questions: What things do I take more seriously than God? What can I do to help myself see them as He sees them?

Quotations taken from The Moral Foundations of Life and Not Knowing Where, © Discovery House Publishers Luke 7:6-7

Luke 7:6-7 KJV

6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for the Day / May 1

 ðŸŒ»ðŸŽ¶ ”But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.“ Amos 5 : 24   ”The steadfast of mind You w...