Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Peace - Life in the Spirit Day 17 by Oswald Chambers

Oswald Chambers: Peace - Life in the Spirit

Day 17 of 30

Twenty centuries have passed since Jesus, the Prince of Peace, came and the angels proclaimed peace on earth. But where is peace? The New Testament does not say that the angels prophesied peace: they proclaimed peace—peace to men of goodwill toward God. Jesus Christ came to manifest that God was with man, and by Him any man can be made a son of God according to the pattern of Jesus Christ. This is the Christian revelation.

Those who are in The Way have a strong family likeness to Jesus, His peace marks them in an altogether conspicuous manner. The light of the morning is on their faces, and the joy of the endless life is in their hearts. Wherever they go, men are gladdened or healed, or made conscious of a need.

Reflection Questions: Is my presence marked by Christ’s peace? In what ways am I participating in the peace Christ proclaimed? In what ways am I preventing it from becoming a reality?

Quotations taken from The Place of Help, © Discovery House Publishers Ephesians 5:8-10

Ephesians 5:8-10 ESV

8 for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), 10 and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for the Day / May 4

 πŸŒΊπŸ ”O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scr...