Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Starting Point by David Jeremiah

Tuesday, August 30
Starting Point 

Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him; nor can the number of His years be discovered. 
Job 36:26 

Recommended Reading
Numbers 13:25-33
Our minds jump into overdrive when we encounter obstacles, tension or conflict: We frantically search for a solution by getting as much information as we can. We consider our resources and weigh our options as we scurry toward a solution.

When the twelve spies entered the Promised Land their mission was simple: discover what they could about the land God had promised to give them. But somewhere during their excursion, they forgot. They stopped looking through the lens of God’s power and focusing on their own. When the ten spies declared that they could not take the land, they were partially right. In their own strength they did not stand a chance. Only Joshua and Caleb began with God’s power in mind. They remembered God’s faithfulness and made decisions from this starting point. God had parted deep waters before them, provided food from the sky, and guided them by a pillar of light at night and a supernatural cloud at day.

While we may not be conquering a land, we have the same choice when faced with problems and obstacles. Will we start with God’s faithfulness and power in mind?

I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess.
Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for the Day / May 4

 🌺🐝 ”O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scr...