Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Who's Pushing Your Swing? by Max Lucado

The 08/30/2016 edition:

Who’s Pushing Your Swing?

Children love to swing. There’s nothing like it. Spinning trees, a stomach that jumps into your throat. Ahh, swinging…  As a child, I trusted certain people to push my swing. They could twist me, turn me, stop me. . .I loved it! But let a stranger push my swing, and it was hang on, baby!
Remember when Jesus stilled the storm? It was frightening enough to scare the pants (or robes) off a dozen disciples. So they ran to wake up Jesus. They ran to do what? Jesus was asleep? How in the world could he sleep through a storm? Simple. He knew who was pushing the swing.
We live in a world of private storms; strained marriages, broken hearts, lonely evenings. Who pushes your swing? In the right hands you can find peace, even in the storm.
For more inspirational messages please visit Max Lucado.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for the Day / May 4

 🌺🐝 ”O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scr...