Friday, September 30, 2016

21 Days of Prayer / Day 18

21 Days Of Prayer

Day 18 of 21

Compassion

Thank You for compassion that gives me a heart for others.

Sometimes people act in ways that can be difficult to manage. One of the last things that we may feel during difficult times of loving others is compassion. We have busy lives and we can often focus on our needs while overlooking the needs of those around us. Jesus was a great example of how to respond to people who are difficult. He had compassion for them. God has given each of us the ability to love others in difficult times. We are His hands and feet in this world and He wants to fill us with compassion to reach out to those around us who need God. Who are those people that God has put in your life that may feel like an inconvenience? It could be that God has placed them there so that you can have compassion for them and show them His love. Let’s ask God today to give us hearts that are sensitive and compassionate to those around us.

Prayer - God, I thank You today for the compassion that You have shown to me. I ask You that you help me to have a heart of compassion for those that You have surround me with in my life. Show me those people in my life today that you want me to reach. Give me the courage to take that step of bold obedience to do what You are leading me to do. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

Matthew 9:36 KJV

36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Matthew 14:14 KJV

14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.

Romans 12:10 KJV

10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 KJV

3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for the Day / April 30

🌿🌺 ”Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us ev...