Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Names of God: Through Thanksgiving & Christmas / Day 9

Names of God: Through Thanksgiving & Christmas

Day 9 of 30

The Pharisees and scribes complain that Jesus associates and eats with tax collectors and sinners. Jesus shares a parable with them about finding a lost sheep. The shepherd's immediate concern is for the one sheep that is lost. When the sheep is found, the shepherd rejoices. Jesus teaches us that God actively seeks out and pursues the lost until they are found. And when the lost are found, God and all of Heaven rejoices. 
God is not angry or disappointed that they were missing. He rejoices and carries us home. My desires should align with those of the Lord's... to seek the lost. To share with those who do not know the Lord. It is very comfortable to remain with the 99 sheep in the wilderness socializing, doing ministry, worshipping, and remaining in fellowship with other believers. All of those things are important, but there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 just people who need no repentance. 
Do you have a heart for the lost? If not, will you pray today for a heart of compassion that aches for those who don't know God? Will you pray today to be a part of God's global plan to share the Gospel with all who are lost?
Father God, I thank You for pursuing me when there were 99 others in Your care. I am so grateful for the obedience and courage of all of the people that You sent to cross my path and share of Your eternal love and grace. Lord, remove any fear or hesitation that keeps me from sharing the gospel with the unsaved. Grant me opportunities to step out of my comfort zone and reach people outside of my sphere of influence. Disrupt my comfortable position with the "99" and open my spiritual eyes so that I will notice when the "one" is missing. Lord, I truly desire to hear heaven rejoice. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Luke 15:1-7

Luke 15:1-7 NKJV

1 Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. 2 And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.” 3 So He spoke this parable to them, saying:

4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?  5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.  6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’  7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for the Day / May 1

 ðŸŒ»ðŸŽ¶ ”But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.“ Amos 5 : 24   ”The steadfast of mind You w...