Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Jesus Bible Reading Plan / ASSESSING GOD'S LOVE

The Jesus Bible Reading Plan

Day 154 of 365

ASSESSING GOD'S LOVE

When put into difficult situations, even committed believers understandably question God's actions. Job was no exception. Though he was certain he was guilty of no wrongdoing, he still wondered if God was angry at him or seeking some kind of vengeance. Often, as in the case of Job, external circumstances fail as reliable indicators of God's attitude toward us.
Romans 5:8 says, "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." This verse states plainly that Christ's death ultimately proved God's love. Believers do not have to depend on comfortable circumstances as a barometer indicating right standing with the Lord. All that was necessary to demonstrate God's unwavering love has already been done. While questions about the purpose for adversity and pain persist, the New Testament points to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the ultimate, objective, steadfast and concrete proof of the love of God.
Jesus, sometimes it is hard to trust during suffering. When I am in uncomfortable circumstances, help me to lean into your love for stability and security. Amen.

Job 16:6-14 NASB

6 "If I speak, my pain is not lessened, And if I hold back, what has left me? 7 "But now He has exhausted me; You have laid waste all my company. 8 "You have shriveled me up, It has become a witness; And my leanness rises up against me, It testifies to my face. 9 "His anger has torn me and hunted me down, He has gnashed at me with His teeth; My adversary glares at me. 10 "They have gaped at me with their mouth, They have slapped me on the cheek with contempt; They have massed themselves against me. 11 "God hands me over to ruffians And tosses me into the hands of the wicked. 12 "I was at ease, but He shattered me, And He has grasped me by the neck and shaken me to pieces; He has also set me up as His target. 13 "His arrows surround me. Without mercy He splits my kidneys open; He pours out my gall on the ground. 14 "He breaks through me with breach after breach;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for September 22

🍁🍂 “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Sur...