Tuesday, July 31, 2018

No Hiding by David Jeremiah

Tuesday July 31
No Hiding
  
Rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels.
2 Thessalonians 1:7
  
According to Oklahoma City newspapers, a man is in jail now because of his mother’s obituary. Nearly forty years ago, Stephen Michael Paris escaped from prison. He’s been living and working in Houston under a false name all these years. When his mother died, her obituary listed him by his alias, Stephen Michael Chavez, and that gave authorities the clue they needed to hunt him down.
  
  
When it comes to God, we can’t hide from His justice. He has no trouble tracking us down, and the Bible warns of a day when God will pay with tribulation upon those who trouble His people and rebel against His righteousness: “In flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God,” says 2 Thessalonians 1:8.

But the same passage reveals He will be glorified by His saints and admired among all those who believe in Him (verse 10). God’s love as shown through Jesus Christ is the answer to the rebellion in man’s heart today. His love changes our situation now and our destination tomorrow. And when our obituary finally shows up in the newspaper, we’ll be rejoicing in His presence in heaven.

Don’t hide from God. Hide in Him.

Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee.
Augustus Toplady
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses for the Day / May 4

 🌺🐝 ”O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scr...