The aging Apostle John wrote in the Book of Revelation that Jesus Christ is “the ruler over the kings of the earth” (Revelation 1:5).
Jesus told His disciples following His resurrection that “all authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth” (Matthew 28:18). The writer of Proverbs proclaimed that “the king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes” (Proverbs 21:1).
Regardless of the election results, I remain steadfastly confident in God’s sovereign plan and authority. I do not put my hope in either the Republican or Democratic party. My hope is in God Almighty.
Our ultimate allegiance is to Him: “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ” (Philippians 3:20).
As Christ followers, let’s do all we can to lift up His Name.
TODAY’S PRAYER
Heavenly Father, I declare wholeheartedly that my hope is in You alone. Help me use my time, talents and resources to glorify You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment