Friday, February 16, 2024

Who is Holding on to Who? / Adrian Rogers

Who is Holding on to Who?
Genesis 6:17-19
Sermon: 1504 The Captain and His Kids, Part 2

Pray Over This

“And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die. But I will establish My covenant with you; and you shall go into the ark—you, your sons, your wife, and your sons’ wives with you. And of every living thing of all flesh you shall bring two of every sort into the ark, to keep them alive with you; they shall be male and female.”
Genesis 6:17-19

Ponder This

Many folks just believe they’re kept saved by just holding on. I hear some people say, “Pray for me, that I’ll hold out faithful to the end.” Suppose God had said to Noah, “Noah, if you want to be saved, you put some pegs on the outside of that ark. When it starts to rain, you get on a step ladder and go up and hold onto those pegs. Your feet will be dangling; the water will be rising; and it’s going to be rough. But Noah, if you can hold onto those pegs until the water goes down, you’ll be saved.” I don’t think Noah would have made it, do you? I can only imagine Noah saying, “Pray for me, that I’ll hold out faithful to the end."

That's the kind of salvation some people think they have. They think they’re saved by holding onto God. No way! We’re saved because He holds onto us! And He says, “No one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand” (John 10:29). Noah was shut into that ship. Some believe they’re going to get eternal security one day when they go to Heaven. They believe they’re going to step into Heaven, slam the door behind them, and say, "Whew, I made it. Hallelujah! I’m safe now.” May I tell you that security is not in a place? Security is in a person, and His name is Jesus.

  • When have you tried to work hard for your faith? What happened?
  • What difference does it make whether we are holding onto God or He is holding onto us?

Practice This

Pray that you would find your ultimate security in Jesus alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verses of the Day / April 27

🌿🌺 ”The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,  and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.“ Proverbs 9 : 10 NASB ”See...